Indian head massage (Head Massage), also known as Shirobyangam, is an Ayurvedic form of Hair and scalp treatment that has been practiced for thousands of years In India and neighboring countries , it is equal to a full body massage
It is a great way to relax, but also provides much more.
Some known benefits of this therapy are:
- It lubricates and conditions the scalp, helping to prevent flakes anddry scalp without the use of harsh chemical shampoos.
- It helps enhance blood circulation in the head and neck area. When the scalp is “tight” from stress, circulation and hair growthare impeded.
- It helps relax the scalp and increase pliability.
- It helps strengthen the roots of the hair and nourishes the hair-shafts, promoting new hair growth and strengthening current hair.
- It helps soften and condition the hair.
- It spreads the natural oils of the hair, increasing hair luster and vibrancy.
- It helps protect hair from the damaging effects of the sun and harsh weather.
- It is replenishing and rejuvenating for dry, damaged hair, and helps prevent excessive brittleness and split-ends.
- It is wonderfully relaxing for the mind and nervous system, promoting emotional balance.
- It helps relax the muscles in the neck area.
- It helps promote sound sleep at night.
- It can help prevent migraines, other kinds of headaches and back pain.
- It can help relieve symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- It renews energy levels and boosts memory capabilities.